Seattle, WA 98117
|2022 Metro Tournament|
|Oct 3, 2022 11:34 PM|
Metro League Tournament
|Metro Rules and Regulations|
|Oct 3, 2022 11:36 PM|
SLOWPITCH SOFTBALL – 2022 METRO LEAGUE RULES
1) SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
2) An unrestricted flight “optic yellow” – 44 12” COMP. 375 Max ball will be used in Metro League Softball.
3) Home team is designated as official scorer. The visiting team shall be responsible for verifying the score after each half inning.
4) Whenever possible, the use of double bases at 1st base is strongly encouraged, and safety bases at 2nd and 3rd are recommended.
5) Standard pitching distance for this age group is 46’. However, this can be modified if both teams agree to modification.
6) A “rover”/ Short Fielder or 10th defensive player will be allowed.
7) Teams may use one Extra Player (EP) per game provided it is made known and indicated in the lineup. The EP must remain in the same position in the batting lineup for the duration of the game. The EP may play defense at anytime without status being affected. The EP must be indicated when lineups are set; the EP can not be added later in the game.
8) If a player is injured, they will be removed from lineup without penalty. If the team has no available sub, the lineup will shrink as opposed to an automatic out occurring in the injured player’s lineup slot.
9) Any team receiving a player to have a legal lineup from the opposing team will forfeit the game. It will be recorded a 1-0 loss. However, teams are expected to still play the game.
10) 5 run limit per inning for the first 3 innings.
11) With doubleheader games, there will be a one hour and 15 minute drop dead time limit per game. Game reverts back to last completed inning if home team is behind. Days with a single game will be played without time limit.
*Mercy Rule: 10 run lead after 5 innings and the game is over.
12) A fouled third strike will be an out. (NFHS 4.6)
14) METRO LEAGUE PLAYOFF
- Playoff games do not count in regular season max
- Please see Metro Tournament bracket for information